The Beatles Lyrics Repository
Choose the lyrics to show using any of the options above.
RSS feed for 'The Beatles on this Day'
The Beatles on this Day 20.6.
- Performance at the Top Ten Club, Hamburg.
- Lunch time, evening. Performances at the Cavern, with The Strangers and The Sorrals.
- The production company The Beatles Limited is incorporated, with Brian one of its opening directors.
- [Probably.] Dezo Hoffmann's Studio, 29 Wardour Street, London. Session of formal individual portraits of John, Paul and Ringo.
- The Beatles are interviewed by telephone from Australia for BBC-1's 'Roundabout' radio programme.
- Epstein flies from Australia to Waikiki, Honolulu, for a short holiday.
- Concert at the Stadium, Rushcutter's Bay, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- A critic in the London Times reacts to John's 'In His Own Write' by claiming that he thought John was ''In a pathetic state of near illiteracy".
- Start of tour of France, Italy and Spain. Two performances at the Palais des Sports, Paris.
Afternoon show recorded for 'Musicorama', French radio programme. Evening show broadcast live on 'Les Beatles (en direct du Palais des Sports)', French radio programme, and taped for 'Les Beatles', French TV programme.
- US LP release: ''Yesterday'... And Today', with the new cover.
- Studio 1 (control room only). 6.00-8.30pm. Mono mixing and Recording: 'Got To Get You Into My Life' (tape copy of remix 7 into remix 8 with overdub added from take 8). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Phil McDonald.
- Studios 1, 2, 3. 7.00pm-3.30am. Recording: 'Revolution 9' (sound effects, takes 1, 2, compilation of master version, with overdub). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush.
Master version compilation for 'Revolution 9'.
Visit at the studio: Francie Schwartz. [21 June?]
- About 6.00pm. Paul flies from the London Airport to the USA on Apple Corp business.
- 'Live Peace In Toronto', 24th week in the ranking (Billboard).
- Ringo Starr and his All-Starr band's concert at the Radio City Music Hall, New York.
- 'Daily Express' reports that Paul, George and Ringo have met to record instrumental themes for 'The Beatles Anthology' in London, citing George Martin.