The Beatles Lyrics Repository
Choose the lyrics to show using any of the options above.
The Beatles on this Day 15.11.
- Hippodrome Theatre, Manchester. Regional finals of a competition to appear on TV 'Star Search'. The Beatles find the last bus back to Liverpool leaves before curtain call and must return dejected.
- The Beatles and Brian return to England from Hamburg.
- Brian answers Larry Parnes in a letter. Parnes has offered him a tour, £ 140 per week; Brian asks for £ 200.
- Concert at the Colston Hall, Bristol ('The Beatles Autumn Tour').
- Start of the first tour promoted jointly by Epstein and Arthur Howes, at the Odeon Cinema, Luton, featuring Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas, supported by Johnny Kid and the Pirates, the Caravelles, Tommy Quickly, the Fourmost, and Houston Wells and the Marksmen.
- US release: 'Hello Little Girl', with the Fourmost.
UK release: 'I'm In Love', with the Fourmost.
- US TV broadcasts fragments of 'Around The Beatles'.
- Studio 1 (control room only). 2.30-5.30pm. Mono mixing: 'I'm Looking Through You' (from take 4); 'You Won't See Me' (from take 2); 'Girl' (from take 2); 'Wait' (remix 2, from take 4). Stereo mixing: 'Wait' (from take 4); 'I'm Looking Through You' (from take 4); 'You Won't See Me' (from take 2); 'Girl' (from take 2); 'The Word' (remix 2, from take 3). Mono mixing: 'Michelle' (remix 2, from take 2). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Norman Smith; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush.
End of sessions for 'Rubber Soul'.
- Brian makes declarations in response to rumors concerning the Beatles' breakup.
- Studio 2 (control room only). 10.30-11.00am. Mono mixing: 'Hello, Goodbye' (remix 10, from take 22). Tape copying: 'It's All Too Much' (of remix mono 1); 'All Together Now' (of remix mono 6); 'Only A Northern Song' (of remix mono 6). Producer: not assigned; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer; Richard Lush.
Mix of 'Hello, Goodbye' without violas, for use as playback on the clip. Copies of 'It's All Too Much', 'All Together Now' and 'Only A Northern Song' for 'Yellow Submarine' producers.
- The Beatles appear on the cover of 'Rolling Stone' magazine. Last photographic session.
- The magazine 'Disc And Music Echo' publishes an interview to John.
- 'Cold Turkey', 3rd week in the Top 28 (Billboard). [?]
'Come Together', 5th week in the Top 40 (Billboard).
'Something', 5th week in the Top 40 (Billboard).
'Abbey Road' number 1, 3rd week (Billboard).
- UK single release: 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds'/'One Day The Time', by Elton John.
UK LP release: 'Goodnight Vienna'.
- 'You', 6th and last week in the Top 40 (Billboard).
'Venus And Mars/Rock Show', 1st week in the Top 40 (Billboard).
- '(Just Like) Starting Over', 3rd week in the Top 40 (Billboard).