The Beatles Lyrics Repository
Choose the lyrics to show using any of the options above.
RSS feed for 'The Beatles on this Day'
The Beatles on this Day 23.3.
- Performance at the Cavern, with Gerry and the Pacemakers.
- Concert at the City Hall, Newcastle (Chris Montez and Tommy Roe tour).
- BBC Lime Grove Studios, London. John's appearance on BBC-TV's 'Tonight'. Broadcast live.
- 'In His Own Write' is published.
- US EP release: 'The Beatles' ('Souvenir Of Their Visit To America').
US single release: 'Do You Want To Know A Secret'/'Thank You Girl'.
- BBC's 'Frankly Speaking' is broadcast, with Brian's interview recorded on 7 March 1964.
- Ceremony at EMI House, London. Gerry and the Pacemakers, Cilla Black and Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas are presented with silver discs by Sir Joseph Lockwood. Brian attends.
Evening: Empire Rooms, Leicester Square, London. Annual Carl-Alan awards dinner. Brian and the Beatles attend. The Beatles receive two awards from the Duke of Edinburgh. It is announced that they have also won 5 Ivor Novello awards for 1963.
A special award is made to Epstein and Martin for outstanding services to British music.
- Beginning of shootings at the Scala Thatre for 'A Hard Day's Night'.
- 'Rubber Soul', 16th week in the Top 10 (UK New Musical Express chart).
- Studio 2. 7.00pm-3.45am. Recording: 'Getting Better' (overdub onto take 14, tape reduction take 14 into take 15, overdub onto take 15). Mono mixing: 'Getting Better' (remixes 1-3, from take 15). Producer and Engineer: Peter Vince; 2nd Engineer: Ken Scott.
Re-recording of vocals for 'Getting Better'.
- Brian flies to New York to attend the opening night of the Who and Cream in Murray the K's package show at the RKO Theater.
- Private screening of 'Around the World In 80 Days', at the Coliseum Cinerama. Ringo attends. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton host the event.
After this, Ringo, Taylor and Burton go to the Dorchester Hotel for a supper party.
- Abbey Road, Room 4. Time unknown. Stereo mixing: 'I've Got A Feeling' (remixes 1, 2); 'Dig A Pony' (remixes 1, 2); 'I've Got A Feeling' (remixes 3-6); 'The One After 909' (remixes 1-3); 'I Me Mine' (remixes 1-3, from take 16); 'Across The Universe' (remixes 1-8, from take 8). Editing: 'I've Got A Feeling' (of stereo remixes 1, 2, called remix stereo 3; of stereo remixes 4, 5, 6, called remix stereo 4); 'I Me Mine' (of stereo remixes 1, 2, 3, called remix stereo 2). Producer: Phil Spector; Engineer: Peter Bown; 2nd Engineer: Roger Ferris.
Mixes of 'I Me Mine' and 'Across The Universe', guides for the orchestra.
Start of work of Phil Spector and on 'Let It Be'.
- Studio 3 (control room only). 3.00-7.00pm. Paul and Tony Clark oversee the making of copy master tapes for LP 'McCartney'.
- Single release: 'My Love'.
- Paul's concert in Paramatta, Sydney ('The New World Tour').