The Beatles Lyrics Repository
Choose the lyrics to show using any of the options above.
The Beatles on this Day 21.4.
- Afternoon. Empire Pool, Wembley, Middlesex. Performance for the 'New Musical Express' Poll Winner's concert.
- Concert at the Pigalle night club, London.
- Palace Theatre, Manchester. Brian with Tommy Quickly, Cilla Black, Billy J. Kramer, the Fourmost, the Dakotas, and the Remo Four.
- Jack Billing's TV School Of Dancing, Shepherds Bush, London. Shooting for 'A Hard Day's Night': conversation between Paul and Isla Blair. (Deleted from film.)
- 'Ticket To Ride' number 1, 2nd week (UK New Musical Express chart).
- Studio 2. 2.30pm-12.50am. Recording: 'Taxman' (takes 1-11). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush.
- Studio 2. 7.00pm-1.30am. Mono mixing: 'Only A Northern Song' (remixes 1-11, from takes 3, 11). Recording: 'Edit for LP end' (take 1). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush.
Recording of 'Sgt Pepper's' inner groove. Last session for LP 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'.
- In London it is reported that the Beatles did not receive the diplomas crediting them as 'gurus', since they didn't pass the 3 obligatory tests of the Maharishi's Academy of Trascendental Meditation.
- 'Blow Away', 4th week in the Top 40 (Billboard).
'Goodnight Tonight', 4th week in the Top 40 (Billboard).
- Startling Studios. Recording overdubs for LP 'Old Wave'. Producer: Jim Nipar.
- 2nd Paul's concert at the Maracana Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ('Get Back Tour'). It is attended by 180-184,000 people, world record as the largest payed stadium concert for a single artist in the history of rock'n'roll.